So welcome to my Blog a random collection of Thoughts, Stories, and other things that may come to me in during my Exchange to South Africa! Get excited and read along!

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Thunder Storms, Essays, and on looking like "Jesus"

Hey friends!
So a short blog post to take my mind off of writing papers and doing real work for today.

So recently in PMB the weather has gotten really wonderful. Most days we have been getting a little bit of rain, and then other days we hit 40 degrees Celsius. Today was an amazing thunderstorm during class. So we were in Masculinities and the sky just got darker and darker. by about 11:40am it was pouring down rain, and I even saw hail. At least the rain is making things greener. Most of the time I get pretty lucky with rain and thunderstorms. I am in class and it clears by the end, or I catch just the tail end of the storm. Other times like one evening a while back while I was in the LAN sending some e-mails and chatting with some friends I noticed it started pouring down like crazy. My one friend said that he would pray that the rain would fall like mad for a short period then stop so i could walk back dry (as I didn't have a plastic bag for my laptop...) and it did.

Anyways today I was surprised by an essay for masculinity. Basically we arrived in class and the first thing we recieved was an assignment due in one week for his essay of our masculinity course. It also just so happens that the date was the same as my Theology of Transformation Exam. So putting it all together into one crazy weekend and couple days of writing I am going to be busy. I have finished off the other three papers that were due around this weekend (and I will be submitting them all tomorrow) and then I just have to make a solid start on this masculinity paper and get it done by the end of Friday night so I can have 3 full days to study well for Theologies of Transformation (factoring in a Sunday Sabbath!).

I guess the last thing to share is that I have recently been called "Jesus" by a lot of people. It may have to do with me having my hair down and my beard long, and wearing a white sweater. Just to highlight it, two of my friends from theology saw me in the library from a distance and yelled out "Its Jesus" and I turned around and shared a good laugh today. More surprisingly is when strangers do it. Today when I was out getting milk, and juice (for essay writing) A group of Car Guards made the comment, "Hey Man you look like Jesus!" The ensuing conversation was good and hillarious as they were making fun comments like: "I thought it was the second coming and I was about to be judged!" Unfortunately my mind often goes towards saying that I probably don't look like Jesus. I remind people quite often that Jesus was a Jew. He was Middle eastern, and probably didn't look like a very white German Canadian who wears Birkenstocks, a white comfy sweater, and comfy pants. But I appreciate a good compliment when I get one.

Anyways I have wasted enough time this evening distracting myself from reading Augustine from a masculinities perspective. Back to the world of working on essays!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment