So welcome to my Blog a random collection of Thoughts, Stories, and other things that may come to me in during my Exchange to South Africa! Get excited and read along!

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Back from the Mountain Kingdom

Hello Friends!
So I am back safely and slowly recovering from my trip to the Mountain Kingdom. As I get my pictures edited and prepped they will get onto my flickr, so please do be patient with me. Also stories will slowly be coming onto this Blog, but for right now just know that I am back safe and sound, and there were adventures with stories. I didn't get to do any of the highest things (like the Abseil, nor the pub) but they were replaced with just as good of adventures and reasons why it didn't quite work out. Anyways it was totally epic and cool, a wonderful trip and we did get around the whole country. For those of you not following on Facebook as well, I also might have won transportation method Bingo, as I have now bumped around a country in many different and wonderful ways. (I may have to come up with official rules to play it by but we will see).

Anyways this is just a really quick post to let you know about some happenings this past week. Tuesday afternoon I attended a seminar by John De Grunchy (a brilliant South African Theologian) on the ecumenical movement (if you don't know what that is please do look it up) He discussed how instead of it being a sole institutional push that we need to have we need to have people who live ecumenically. That being said it needs to create a community of believers from diverse backgrounds that together unify and seek out the lifegiving new humanity that is coming in the Kingdom of God. Long and complicated story made short, It makes me want to do more readings on both John De Grunchy and Steve de Gruchy and see how and why they did theology (just so brilliant!). Also it was just a mind blowing experience to realize that I already am engaging in that manner (just so cool!).

Unfortunately I am losing concentration as I am sick, I picked up some sort of headcold while travelling, so I am currently fighting it off. so I am off! Keep your eyes peeled for more stories about me bumping around Lesotho shortly (Maybe tonight I will just work on my Laptop and write another post...).

Peace and Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment